So, David and I are on a diet right now (too many brownies, I think) so we decided it was time that the dogs got a sweet home-made treat!
I searched for a simple dog cookie recipe, and found one on AllRecipes.com, which I adapted slightly. (Margo loves her peanut butter, so I added more than the recipe called for!)
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If the dough is too thick to work, add a little bit of water at a time. But bear in mind that the dough should be very thick and dry
- In between layers of parchment paper, roll the dough to 1/2″ thick. Then, using a cookie cutter, cut your dough.
- Bake on parchment for 35 minutes, or until hard and done.
Pumpkin is totally dog safe, and the unbleached, whole wheat flour is safe for the pupperses, too. I also used my stash of all-natural, organic peanut butter, so this would be doggie friendly, to the extreme.
Have you ever made homemade dog treats?Pin It