Generally speaking, I don’t *love* girlie cocktails. I feel really weird drinking pink things from a martini glass, especially in public.
For some reason, pink drinks in a martini glass feel like a bull’s eye for creeps who are looking for a girl who can’t handle her booze. And I’m not one of those girls.
And they also remind me of the Kids In The Hall Sketch, “Girl Drink Drunk.”
But sometimes, I have to put my old man drinks aside. Away, vodka gimlet on the rocks! Away, 7&7! Away Gin & Tonic!
I need something pink and girlie! It’s summertime, and I need to celebrate!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini
- 1 oz unflavored vodka
- 1 oz chocolate vodka
- 2 oz strawberry puree (1/2 c ripe strawberries, smooshed)
- cocoa powder for garnish
- Start by pureeing your strawberries, in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a wide-mouthed vessel.
- Rim your martini glass with some of the puree. I just held the glass at an angle and turned it by the stem, while dipping a bit in the puree
- Put some cocoa powder on a small plate, then invert the glass into the powder. Move the glass around a bit to rim the glass. It’ll look something like this:
- Next, in a shaker with ice, shake your vodkas and the remaining puree.
- Pour into your rimmed martini glass, and serve!
A few notes:
If you’re not using overripe strawberries, you might want to add some sugar or simple syrup to sweeten the deal.
Godiva chocolate vodka has a really authentic and natural chocolate taste. You know how some flavored vodkas taste like the way Strawberry Shortcake dolls smell? Not this one. It definitely tastes like the real thing, but, you know, with booze.
Do you have a summer drink? Add it to our cocktail party!